Friday, March 13, 2009

The end of an era

I found out a couple days ago that my longtime comics shop, Funny Papers, will be closing down. The store had been struggling for a few months now, what with the massive economic downturn and people spending less (I know I wasn't able to buy comics in January and February), and it's sad to see it go. I've been going there since I got into comics in 2004, and have (with one exception) always had a great rapport with the management and staff there, plus in the last year or so they really helped promote and sell my artwork. The current manager did tell me that they're going to try to re-open a new location somewhere in south Austin. Hopefully they'll get more business there than they had in Dobie Mall, which was rapidly turning into a ghost town.

So I suppose in closing, thanks for everything Funny Papers.

No comments: