Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I just realized...

I didn't really learn anything in art school. I didn't learn anything about color theory, or composition, or how to express myself, or anything along those lines. I realized that this afternoon as I was using Illustrator (a program which I honestly have no right putting on my resume... I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with it), and was having a hard time setting up the composition that I wanted and thought "shouldn't I have learned this in... I dunno... ART SCHOOL??" The more I look at the diploma on my wall, the more I realize that it's just a piece of paper and that in the 3 years I was at the UT art school, I didn't really learn anything that I couldn't have figured out on my own that's relevant to what I do/what I want to do.

No comments: